Week 1 (Feb)
I had planned on making my own play dough and letting the kids have fun with that but then it snowed! and quite a bit too. So I decided to nix the play dough idea and had everyone get their gear on to go out and have some fun. At first the kids didn't want to do anything, just stand around
But then I decided to start acting like my husband Andrew and that got the kids laughing and wanting to move around. Though I understand why they didn't want to at first...Look at them it looks like a scene from A Christmas Story. "My hands won't go down!"
I just started throwing snow balls and yelling and that got everyone excited about throwing snowballs at each other. Whew. It was a good thing I was given a good example how to act crazy! I just wanted to stand around in the snow too. Everyone needs an Andrew in their life.
It was fun but We couldn't stand anymore of it! inside we went for some food and much needed talking :)
Week 2 (March)
We had an art project that was tons of fun. I got my ink pads out...yes that's right ink pads with 2 year olds around.... They were VERY supervised. And my Train stamp set along with punched and glue sticks. We helped them stamp their choo choo on their paper and -punched out different shapes for them to glue on.
It wasn't as bad as I envisioned it. I was expected Corinne not to let us come over anymore. But Guess what! We came back the next week!
Week 3 (March)
Sadly I didn't get any pics for this activity because I forgot my camera! Can you believe it? Corinne took some but I never did force her to give them to me so we are out of luck. But what I did was brought paper of different colors and then my bingo game we bought for Austin. It has shapes different colors. I gave each of them one and they would have to say the color and find the paper that matched. They really got into this. I would give one kids a card and everyone would be there finding the page and calling out the color. Can I just say we have BRILLIANT children. Though I might be bias... :) After that we starting putting cars and the magnet letters onto the colors they belonged to and then the game was done.
Time for good food.
Week 4 (March)
This was by far the funnest activity day we ever had. EVEN though there were some stops along the way. It was St. Patty's day so everything was Green. We had an art project first with construction paper and bleach. Yes I SAID BLEACH! I'm started to think we might be crazy mothers to let our kids do these things but there were no problems that came because of it. Though having our kids shirtless helped.
After that we had a story time about the 5 wee Leprechauns. And how they left their pot of gold/treasure for us to find. Now this is when the REAL fun happened. While everyone was painting with bleach I was getting a Treasure hunt ready. I grabbed items from every room and put a shamrock on it. Then distributed them around the house for them to find the end box with the treasure in it. They didn't quite get the idea. until we found an item. They would go running for the room to go to next but then didn't know how to really look for the shamrocks, all well.
| Humm, where is it? |
| Austin is standing on the shamrock in this pic. No wonder they couldn't find it! |
| And it's found! |
They found it and had fun playing in all the black beans I had put in the bottom. I had meant to have enough to cover and hide some of the items but my box was too big for that....Maybe next time. They threw them all over the room while Corinne and I were talking in the other room. Needless to say they will be finding the beans for years to come! All in all a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment