This year's Lee Family Christmas Party didn't happen before Christmas in fact it didn't even happen in the Month of December. We had it on New Year's instead which was just fine and actually easier on everyone I think. All the racing around for Christmas everything was over so it was more relaxed and I enjoyed it more. We didn't get there in time for the beginning because of sick sleeping children. Remember the 3 weeks of Austin being sick? Well this party was at the latter end of the illness. We made it just after eating and just before the games. So in my opinion right at the best time. No waiting in line for food and we were so late we missed a lot of the small talk. For those that do not know I HATE small talk. I feel like at functions like this and others I am just saying the same thing over and over again. Andrew's schooling, kids ages,and no I have not gone back to work. Just over and over again to the same people it seems over and over again. It's not that I don't enjoy talking about our family it just that some that ask don't care about the answer and THAT'S what I hate about small talk. So just know if you ask you need to care.
We usually have Santa visit us but this year it was past the season so who did we have come to visit?
Frosty the Snowman of course! here is everyone following him to his chair to hand out the presents. Grandma Lee makes and buys all her gifts. She use to make every single one of them but now because of age she has had to make it easier on her. It's a lot of gifts anyhow all grand-kids, great grand-kids and spouses get a gift and she had 9 kids. I might be under, that's what I count out right now....needless to say this is a huge family outing.
Here is all of us getting our gifts of love:
I'm a dork sometime aren't I? I was in a really funny mood that day. Look at what I did to Gavin:
I made him a his own hair. Just until his own grows in anyways...haha.
Here is the fam playing a game...Something about crossing the river..... It was like mother may I and running put together. The person in the middle call out who can run across (everyone with blue one) then everyone one runs whoever gets touched by the people in the middle becomes part of the middle. It seemed like fun but I was being one of those old people and sat on the side lines.
And now pics of the kids
see how he likes to suck on his Binky sometimes? I think it's hilarious!
Austin opening his gift.
Right after the Lee party we went over to Great grandma and grandpa Pound for their New years party. We played games and had lots of fun! Oh and great food as well. We hadn't planned on staying long because of sick kids but they were doing so well, we stayed and were so happy we did!
Austin with Great Grandma Pound
Cheesy Gavin with Cousin Nathan Wood. He'll be leaving for his mission soon! It was a full day of fun and we saw a LOT of family but all in all a great day and the kids did so much better than we thought with Austin how he was feeling. Thank goodness!!
No comments:
Post a Comment